Vision, Mission, Values
Darts Alberta—the driving force for the sport of darts in Canada!
Darts Alberta's mission is to encourage participation in the sport of darts for athletes of all ages and abilities, volunteers, coaches and officials.
Darts Alberta members, officials, coaches and volunteers will be guided by these core values:
- Integrity by conducting ourselves in an approachable, fair, honest, credible, transparent and accountable manner, using facts to guide our communication and decision-making.
- Dignity by being inclusive and treating everyone with equality and respect.
- Teamwork by forming and supporting collaborative partnerships.
- Excellence by fostering proactive leadership through continuous improvement, education and recognizing achievements.
- Sportsmanship by promoting fair play, clean sport and appropriate conduct at all levels.
- Innovation by learning from our collective experience to create effective solutions.
Darts Alberta Objectives
- Provide all members with opportunities for recreational, social and competitive activities within the sport of darts.
- Acquire lands, by purchase or otherwise, and erect or otherwise provide a building or buildings for social and competitive purposes.
- Promote and encourage participation in the sport of darts, in all age groups and at all skill levels throughout Alberta.
- Acquire any and all necessary equipment and furniture for carrying on various darts activities.
- Sell, manage, lease, mortgage, dispose of or otherwise deal with the property of the Society.
- Raise or otherwise secure funds through legally acceptable activities to meet the financial requirements of the Society's Objectives and distribute said funds in a manner as to secure these Objectives on an annual basis.
- Maintain affiliation as the Member Darts Body for Alberta, and adhere to the rules and procedures of the NDFC in accordance with the NDFC Constitution.
- Institute, maintain, promote and regulate annual Provincial Championships, thus determining provincial designated teams as the Representatives at National Championships.
- Institute, maintain, promote and regulate provincial tournament programs.
- Encourage an increase in members' skill levels by encouraging and promoting participation in provincial, national and international competition.
- Be provincial in scope at all times.
- Be non-political and non-racial at all times.
- Remain a non-profit Society.
- Assist any darts organization in the interest of the sport of darts.
Download the PDF Darts Alberta Brochure