2020 Adult Provincial Championships
All zone results are in and those guaranteed to participate in the 2020 Provincial Championship have now been published. If you are planning on participating in the event, please ensure that you review all of the pertinent information and links listed below as well as the tournament poster and Men's and Women's Eligibility Lists.
Special room rates have been made available at the Best Western Premiere Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre.
The Women’s Zone Playoffs had a great response with a total of 74 participants. A total of 64 women are accepted into the provincial championship. This includes the 4 players that are eligible to accept their invitation directly to the provincials.
- Alex Foulds (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List)
- Crystal Chiasson (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List)
- Nicki Rolls (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List)
- Linda Ledingham (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List)
We also had a great response in the Men’s Zone Playoffs with a total of 146 participants. A total of 80 men are accepted into the provincial championship. This includes the 3 players that are eligible to accept their invitation directly to the provincials.
- Ken MacNeil (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List)
- Johnny Hannon (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List)
- Shaun Narain (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List)
- Mike Dwyer (Top 4 on the April 30, 2019 Ranking List) - gave up bye to participate in zones
The lists of eligible participants (Men's and Ladies) shows those guaranteed a spot in the 2020 Provincials. For those listed as PENDING, eligibility is dependent on the number of guaranteed players that show up to participate from each zone. It is important to note that some players compete in the Zone playoffs and although they may have a guaranteed spot, they often choose not to travel to the provincials. This opens up additional spots for zone participants listed as pending and any individuals wishing to buy into the event that didn’t compete in zones. If any guaranteed players in your zone are not participating, this would automatically move everyone up on the list from your zone.
If more than 64 women or more than 80 men show up to register, the following order is used to determine eligibility:
- All those players listed as guaranteed as well as any pending players to fill the total spots allocated to each zone.
- If additional spots are still available, these will be filled from other zone participants based on a formula that includes seeding points and current Darts Alberta ranking.
- Any individuals that wish to buy into the event that didn’t complete in zone playoffs provided space is available.
Anyone planning on participating in the 2020 Provincial Championships should be aware of the following key points:
- The 2020 National Championships are being held in Sydney, Nova Scotia. If you make the team, you will be required to be in attendance from Monday, June 15 through Friday, June 19. There are optional ranked tournaments the weekend prior and the weekend after.
- Along with the coaching team, only a total of 8 men and 8 women will be provided funding by Darts Alberta to participate at the Nationals.
- As a member of Team Alberta and this being a non-casino year, the Team Qualifier / Commitment Fee will be $300.00 per person with the opportunity to earn $100.00 back if you work the upcoming casino (Third Quarter of 2021). This fee entitles each team member with transportation, shared accommodations during the National Championship, a team shirt, banquet ticket and their entry fee into the nationals – all paid by Darts Alberta.
The format of play at the Provincials, for both the men's and women's events, is a round robin advancing to a double knockout:
- Under 32 players – 8 sections of up to a maximum of 4 players with all players advancing to a 32-draw
- 33 to 40 players – 8 sections of up to a maximum of 5 players with the top 4 advancing to a 32-draw
- 41 to 48 players – 8 sections of up to a maximum of 6 players with all players advancing to a 64-draw
- 49 to 64 players – 16 sections of up to a maximum of 4 players with all players advancing to a 64-draw
- 65 to 80 players (men) – 16 sections of up to a maximum of 5 players with the top 4 advancing to a 64-draw
All details regarding the 2020 Provincial Championships are contained on the poster. Should you have any questions, please contact the DA Administrator (email@example.com) or the DA Tournament Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).